The August 13, 2013 meeting of the Parkwood Garden Club (PGC) Board of Directors was held at 471 W Parkwood Rd, Decatur, GA. The meeting was called to order at 7:10 pm. The following officers and committee chairs attended: Tom Bell, Christina Carter, Steve Elmore, Frances Finegan, Jim Paulino, Patti Paulino, Bob Stewart.
- I. Consent Agenda
June 11, 2013 Board minutes – All approve.
- II. Treasurer’s Report – Bob Stewart
- Next meeting we will focus on the budget as it will be finalized by Oct 1.
- Frances to send out budget to PGC Board Members.
- III. President’s Report
- Old Business
- Board Policies. E-mailed to members a copy of board policies and the communication chart that we approved 6/11/2013. All approve.
- 2. Facebook. Since the communication chart was discussed, the issue of who can become a friend of the PGC on Facebook has arisen. Is it members only and anyone with some type of affiliation with the PGC (police, another neighborhood assoc., neighbors outside the “neighborhood” until they can become an associate member during membership drive) or anybody for any reason? – Anyone, except spammers, can join.
- 3. Newsletter. First newsletter published June 2013. Second newsletter to be published, tentatively, the end of August. Do we post (password protected) to the website after sending to neighbors? Yes, we will post to website and password protect it.
- 4. MedPay for General Liability Policy. Completed the application required by Hartford to receive a quotation on the cost of a premium to cover medical expenses of volunteers injured while working in the park during our work days. Frances to ask Hartford to provide a quote for a General Liability policy that includes volunteers injured while working in the park.
- New Business
- Wine tasting Fundraiser – Frances to send inquiry on Facebook to see if the neighbors would be interested.
- IV. Committee Reports – Additions to submitted reports.
- Civic Committee
- 1. Road repairs – have been pushed back to 4th Qtr
- Elderly Neighbors – Frances to email the children of original neighbors and ask if they want to be included in our e-mail news.
- Crime –This month each Board Member will try Nation of Neighbors and report back at next month’s meeting. www.nationofneighbors.com, Register, then search for “Parkwood Park”.
- 4. Signs for annual meeting and work days – Christina to research and report at next meeting.
- City of Briarcliff – Meeting for more information is August 20th, 2013
- Parkwood Park
- 1. Dead White Oak is being removed Thursday 8/8/2013
- 2. Fundraising – $1000 from Kennedy Honey and $150 from T-shirt sales.
- We need volunteers to help host PGC parties
- .Membership Drive.Need to discuss updating the membership roster on-line and paying dues via PayPal in addition to paper updates and payment. OPEN ITEM
- Civic Committee
Meeting adjourned at 9:10 pm. The next meeting is scheduled for September 9, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. at Frances’ home, 471 W. Parkwood Rd.