Thanks to everyone who came out last night to hear an update on the Revised Ordinance and Design Guidelines for the Parkwood Historic District!
Below are the materials from the meeting. Please take some time to review the Design Guidelines and provide feedback.
Also, below are the key upcoming dates for the Parkwood Historic District.
- 2/1 – 2/28: Neighborhood feedback submitted by email to Steve Elmore at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3/5: City of Decatur mails revised ordinance draft to property owners and residents
- 3/17: Present ordinance and guidelines to the Decatur Historic Commission for approval
- 4/6: Present ordinance and guidelines to the Decatur City Commission for approval
- 4/7 – 4/30: Determine interest from the legacy Decatur Parkwood neighbors in joining the Historic District via an email survey
Parkwood Historic District Background
Shortly before 1pm today (9/10) we were startled to see several kids we did not recognize riding the last car of a slow moving northbound CSX train. Another one chased down the train and climbed on while it was still moving. When we yelled at them, they got off; safely, thank goodness. Please remind your kids of the Extreme danger associated with kind of activity.