Parkwood Garden Club
Membership Meeting Minutes
May 14, 2012
The May 14, 2012 meeting of the Parkwood Garden Club (PGC) Membership was held at the Church of the Epiphany, 2089 Ponce de Leon Ave., Atlanta 30307. The meeting was called to order at 7:10 pm. 25 members attended.
The Parkwood Garden Club Board of directors moved that the below slate of officers be approved to serve the Parkwood Garden Club for the 2012-2013 year. All approved.
President – Karna Candler
Vice President – Frances Galifiankis
Secretary – Joanna Quillen
Treasurer – Tom Bell
Civic Committee – Bryan Bell
Membership Committee – Patti and Jim Paulino
Parkwood Park Committee – Steve Elmore
Board Members At-Large
The Parkwood Garden Club Board of Directors moved that the Parkwood Garden Club accept and approve the Amended and Restated By-Laws of the Parkwood Garden Club, Inc. as presented. All approved.
Druid Hills Civic Association Division 2 Chair Bob Balou spoke from the floor, encouraging the PGC to have a stronger connection to the Druid Hills Civic Association and the East Lake Association for issues of quiet zone and funding.
See Power Point presentation for more details.
- The Parkwood Garden Club has 95 paying dues members (83%) with 4 new members.
- Thanks expressed to 2011-2012 Board members and committee chairs. Tom Bell presented the Financial Report
- $200 donated from Chad and Christina Carter’s yard sale to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and Parkwood Garden Club.
- Tax deductible monetary donations can now be made to the Parkwood Garden Club through the South Fork Conservancy.
- Joe Dicks presented Powl the Owl, the Parkwood Garden Club’s new logo.
- Steve Elmore thanked Sheri Kennedy and presented her with “Sheri’s Trail”, the only trail to be named in the Parkwood Park.
- The American Sweet Gum tree across from Jim Jarboe’s house was named a Runner Up Champion Tree.
- $1400 needed to remove trees in the Parkwood Park. Please donate!
The meeting was adjourned at 8:15 pm.