The April 14, 2014 meeting of the Parkwood Garden Club (PGC) Board of Directors was held at 471 W Parkwood Rd, Decatur, GA. The meeting was called to order at 7:40 pm. The following officers and committee chairs attended: Tom Bell, Christina Carter, Joe Dicks, Steve Elmore, Frances Finegan, Jim Paulino, Patti Paulino.
- Consent Agenda
- Approve January 15, 2014 Board minutes (attached) – All approved.
- Approve January 27, 2014 Membership meeting minutes (attached) – All approved.
- Treasurer’s Report – Treasurer’s Report (attached) – approved
- President’s Report
- Old Business
- General Liability Policy. If the Board purchases a new insurance policy prior to the ending of the coverage period for our current policy, we could cancel the current policy and receive a refund on a pro rata basis.
- PGC Website. Bryan Bell updated the website by removing outdated information and by making “Welcome to the PGC” our homepage.
- New Business
- Finalize Board accomplishments – No changes requested. The accomplishments are well written.
- The Board discussed implementing a written policy, drafted by Joe, regarding requests to post signs in the Park and on the plats of land at the East Lake entrance to the neighborhood. Currently, permission to post signs is sought from the Board and the Board decides on a case-by-case basis whether to approve requests to post signs in the Park. The Board decided it would not pursue a written policy at this time but acknowledged it may become necessary in the future. At this time, PGC Members are reminded to continue to seek permission from the PGC Board prior to posting signs in the Park.
- New slate of officers
- Old Business
PGC Officers 2014/2015
|Park Committee Chair||Sheri Kennedy|
|Membership Committee Chair||Katy Mallory|
|Civic Committee Chair||Bryan Bell|
|Crime Task Force||Karna Candler|
|Neighbor Care||Anne Dicks|
|Powl Logo||Joe Dicks|
All approve. Patti noted that most of slate were part of the Decatur Annexation team. The new Board of Directors should focus on uniting the neighborhood through the parties/activities.
iv. Annual Meeting – May 29th. 7:30 p.m. at Ephiphany in the Sanctuary. Tom suggested the topic of historic preservation guidelines for the neighborhood be discussed at the meeting. Patti and Frances will send an email to the membership regarding the meeting.
4. Committee Reports
- Membership – Mardi Gras Winter party was a success. Summer party at Elmores – mid July – Steve to pick a date.
- Parkwood Park committee reports (attached) – Bought many perennials. Working with Ester to develop plan by mid-July to plant the perennials.
It was also mentioned to send another email to the membership regarding the Druid Hills Home Tour. Sheri Kennedy is the house manager of 1209 Springdale Rd and would like the PGC members to volunteer there. Patti to send out reminder email to membership.
The Board agreed to approve these minutes and those from the annual meeting via e-mail.
Meeting adjourned at 8:35 pm. This is the last Board of Directors meeting for the 2013/2014 term. The final meeting is the Membership Meeting on May 29th.