A couple of weeks ago the Parkwood Park Committee distributed Save the Date slips to the whole neighborhood concerning this upcoming Saturday, October 1, and here are the details again — we hope to see you all there!
PLEASE COME TO THIS SATURDAY’S
PARKWOOD PARK WORKDAY
OCTOBER 1 FROM 9 A.M. TO 12 P.M.
What to bring: Please bring 1-2 yard waste bags to donate for the workday. Rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows, hoes, loppers, pruning shears, bring them if you have them, and don’t forget to put your name on your tools!
We will provide: stump spray, trash bags, water, and delicious homemade cookies!
- Mulch the Paths: Thanks to Arborguard we have LOTS of mulch around the park just waiting to be put down on the paths
- Curb clean-up around the Park
- Chainsaw crew: need several strong guys to help with cutting and removing large invasive plants in and around the Park
- Please let Steve Elmore know if you have a chainsaw and can join us. His contact info is in the Member Directory.
- Invasive Plant removal team: cut ivy from the trees, cut and spray invasive plants throughout the Park
Hope to see you there! Please everyone remember to see Jim Jarboe at his house for your assignments before working in the Park (452 W Parkwood Rd)