MINUTES OF PARKWOOD GARDEN CLUB (PGC)
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
7:00 P.M.; Thursday, May 29
Sanctuary, Episcopal Church of the Epiphany
2089 Ponce de Leon Ave.
1. Call to Order and Welcome: Frances Finegan, PGC President, called the meeting to order at 7:02 P.M. and welcomed the membership to the annual meeting. Frances highlighted two objectives for the meeting: reviewing the accomplishments of the 2013-2014 PGC Board and voting on the members of the Board for 2014-2015. The sign in sheets for the members who attended the meeting are attached.
2. Treasurer’s Report: Bob Stewart provided an overview of the budget and it is attached.
3. Report of Board Accomplishments for 2013-2014: Frances and Patti Paulino provided the following information:
a. Sponsored and organized two parties for our PGC members and one
street party for the neighborhood;
b. Participated in the Druid Hills Civic Association (DHCA) yard sale and
contributed approximately $300 to the PGC;
c. Organized a wine fundraiser with Ansley Wine Merchants and
neighbors and contributed approximately $600 to the Park fund;
d. Designed and printed PGC notecards with our logo, Powl, on the front;
e. Published two newsletters about our neighbors and neighborhood;
f. Established a Little Free Library in our neighborhood;
g. Applied for, and received, a $3,000 grant from the DHCA for the Park;
h. Established a Paypal account for collecting membership dues;
i. Provided updating of membership information on-line during the
j. Implemented Nation of Neighbors, an on-line neighborhood watch; and
k. Welcomed 10 new families into our neighborhood.
4. Remarks from Members: A neighbor asked about the status of railroad crossings on East Lake Road and other nearby roads. He was encouraged to review information on the website, http://www.eastlakeneighborhood.org, and to contact Aja Pascale (Aja.Pascale@outlook.com) for additional information. Anne Dicks asked neighbors to contact her (email@example.com) when they become aware of neighbors in need of words of comfort, welcome, encouragement or congratulations.
5. The Vote on the Slate of Members for the 2014-2015 Board: The vote for the following officers, committee chairs and at-large directors was unanimous:
President – Sean Pruett
Vice President – Tom Bell
Secretary – Becky Vocaire
Treasurer – Steve Elmore
Chair, Park Committee – Sheri Kennedy
Chair, Membership Committee – Katy Mallory
Chair, Civic Committee – Bryan Bell
At-Large Director – Christina Carter
At-Large Director – Karna Candlr
6. Frances adjourned the meeting at 7:22 P.M.
After the meeting adjourned, Frances informed the membership that she had inadvertently forgotten to mention that other neighbors had volunteered for activities in the neighborhood: Anne Dicks for Neighbor Care, Joe Dicks for support of the Powl Logo, Bryan Bell as Webmaster and Karna Candler for Crime Prevention.