Over the past 2 years as Chair of the Parkwood Park Committee, Sheri
Kennedy has lead us through—
• Development of a Vision and Mission statement for the Park,
• Organizing numerous neighborhood workdays that removed over 6
truck loads of invasive plant materials from the Park,
• Planning, clearing, replanting the East Lake Traffic Circle,
• Redeveloping the West Ponce de Leon area of the Park including
a new fence (at no cost to the neighborhood), a planting plan, and
installation of new plants,
• Creation of paths and trail markers,
• Creation of the South Fork Conservancy Fiscal Sponsorship, and
• Creation of a logo for the Garden Club.
And she has individually —
• Made dozens of calls to various Dekalb County offices and
Commissioner Jeff Rader’s office
• Worked hundreds of hours in the Park alone or with her husband Jim.
She has been the driving force behind the many changes at the Park,
and she has kept the rest of the Park Committee on track.
Sheri has been our leader in turning the ravine into a true Park.
In recognition of her dedication and accomplishments, the Board of
Directors has decided to name the new trail at East Parkwood and the
Bypass as “Sheri’s Trail” and presented her with the special bronze trail
marker that will be installed at the head of the trail.
Thank you Sheri!!!